Just over a week ago my job sent us home. No work, no traveling, and no gatherings for at least a month.
At first I thought, okay I’m going to be optimistic and get all of these things done at home that I haven’t had enough time for. I’m going to work on art every day. I am going to exercise. I am going to cook. I am going to be a cleaning machine.
Of course it has not gone exactly as I planned! I have cooked, painted, embroidered, exercised, and even cleaned a little. But at least for a little bit every day I feel anxious. Yesterday my anxiety was so overwhelming that I had to sit down and stop doing everything by the early evening.
As I have been reflecting on this past week I have realized that during this strange time my health (physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual) should be my number one priority. Yeah I have a lot of things that I want to do, but the last thing that I need right now is to be adding stress to my life. Here are some of the things that I’ve decided to do to improve my health over the next few weeks:
1. Let myself rest when I feel tired or anxious.
2. Drink lots of water.
3. Only check the news once a day or even every other day.
4. Exercise in some way, even if it’s just a walk and stretching in the backyard.
5. Catch some rays EVERY DAY.
6. Do whatever I need to do to feel good- even if that means not being “productive.” i.e. watch TV, have a treat, listen to music, cry, play games, work on my hobbies, try a new hobby, bum around.
7. Take this extra time to understand and improve my self esteem.
I know everyone’s situation is a little bit different right now, but please do your best to stay home and stay healthy!
Please share with me your ideas and dm me if you are ever feeling lonely.
My friend sent me this link below. I think it explains well why people are feeling extra anxious and tired during this strange time.